The HEXATRON from ARRI Rental is an exclusive, all-weather, go-anywhere crane positioning base. Suitable for use with telescopic and modular camera cranes, the heavy-duty, four-wheel drive vehicle allows elaborate crane shots to be achieved quickly and easily on the toughest terrain and at the most inaccessible locations.
Once in position, the vehicle base stabilizes itself with four hydraulic legs, which provide solid support. Then the custom-made six-arm HEXApod fixed to the vehicle base levels the crane mount itself. Other system components include the HEXAjuice power supply, HEXAbrake remote-controlled pan brake and dedicated road haulage truck.
- Quick and easy to operate at many different locations on a single day.
- Strong climbing ability for year-round use on mountainous and hard-to-reach terrain.
- Various steering modes and wheel configurations to suit different conditions.
- Precise leveling of the crane achieved in minutes.
- Can be safely driven off the set immediately after use with the crane still mounted, causing no delay to shooting.
- The water wading depth of 60 cm and all-terrain tires eliminate logistical problems associated with harsh weather and sodden locations.
Adapts to steep angles
- Max. traverse gradient/side tilt (ST50, not leveled): 24° (+/- depending on ground conditions)
- Max. traverse gradient/side tilt (ST50, leveled): 30° (+/- depending on ground conditions)
Get in touch
High starting torque and reserve capacity always available
- Independent suspension with level control on front and rear axles (manual or automatic)
- Portal axles with extra high portals for more ground clearance
- Continuous traction for all four wheels through a rotating central joint
- Terrain and road group: 2.60 km/h – 20 km/h
- Crawling speed: 0.36 km/h – 20 km/h Permanent 4-wheel drive
- Front steering
- Rear steering
- Circular steering
- Crab steering
Precise positioning of the vehicle and crane in every direction increases off-road ability
- Optional twin-tires for soil protection
- Higher performance on slopes, especially with wet surfaces and gravel